Khaled Hosseini- A Genius
Profound thinker and writer Khalid Hosseini has made a mark with his books -‘The Kite Runner’ and ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’. The two books became best sellers in no time! With such content and skill it would be a surprise if they weren’t….
Both the books give us a peekaboo into the lives of the people of Afghanistan. For a majority of us Afghani’s hav been just the news headlines and the figures, nothing more… Not many of us think about the emotions of the people living quite literally ‘IN the line of fire’. The two books are quite different and force you to picture the pain and misery of people there.
The first book that is The Kite Runner tells us more about the social barriers of caste that induce suffering. It is a story of two boys Amir and Hassan who are best friends right from childhood. Hassan is a Hazara (one of the lower castes) and he goes beyond limits for his dear friend who does not realize this at that point of time. In reality, Hassan is the Amir’s illegal step brother (which he discovers very later). Just to save himself from the disgrace, his faithful servant takes Hassan to be his child. The story is set in the background of the Sovient invasion. It tells us about how Amir flees from Afghanistan and has a life long regret of never having stood up for his best friend. A MUST read for all!
Amir might be the hero for a lot of people but for me Hassan is the true hero. He symbolizes true friendship and commitment. His forgiveness and love touching!
A Thousand Splendid Suns(ATSS) is again a great book but nothing in comparison with The Kite Runner.No wonder they say a writers first book is his best!
ATSS revolves around the story of two women and how they form a mother-daughter relationship in the hostile situation in Afghanistan where there had been one invasion after another. It also makes us aware of the pitiable state of women under the taliban rule. How the rules, regulations, schools even hospitals were different for both men and women. It is sadly the most inhuman behaviour one can imagine. But nevertheless it is a story of a fighter- Laila who not only overcomes the odds of life but also is lucky enough to spend her life with her childhood love -Tariq. Laila is an educated woman who dedicates her life to bringing her country back to life.
If you are still looking for another reason to read Khaled Hosseini books here it is…. Well… he is one hell of a good looking man! 😛 😀 hehehe
Curious about the header?
- 32,000 hits
QR code- pretty right?
- Fancy family! BIL demoing Web NFC to Tim Berners Lee!!! #soproud #geek twitter.com/rijubrata/stat… 2 weeks ago
- Will the Real Democracy Lovers Please Stand Up? - The New York Times apple.news/AsUzmcfuiTgyau… 1 month ago
- Without a free press, democracy CRUMBLES!!! twitter.com/jengranholm/st… 1 month ago
- RT @juliehdavis: Take note: The daily on-camera WH press briefing was transformed today into an invite-only off-camera affair w POTUS' favo… 1 month ago
- This is how VERY scary things begin. Reminds me of WWII stories where German Jews thought they're safe until they w… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- RT @alodium: Good. Very good. Start the change. "Barbara Hendricks ordered only vegetarian food to be served" telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/2… 1 month ago
- @mikephilpott I wish more countries take a similar stance while here in the US, people still think #climatechange is a farce. 1 month ago
- @TheWorldPost I wish more people take this stance 1 month ago
- Brilliant!!! Citing environmental concerns, German ministry bans meat at official functions huffingtonpost.com/entry/germany-… via @TheWorldPost 1 month ago
- RT @meanielyn: Thank you for this response to @POTUS @realDonaldTrump, Egie Wild. https://t.co/3DHKJNpjae 2 months ago
- Frolicked home after #booksigning with @rocketgirlmd - THANK YO #whenbreathbecomesair #fangirlmoment https://t.co/ePiu1SfLIq 2 months ago
- @Columbia_SPS @rocketgirlmd @NarrativeMed @NellieGHermann can't wait for the talk! 2 months ago
- @sundarpichai @greene @WSJ : I wish more CEOs took such a strong stance. Wonder what wall Street thinks about the ban! 2 months ago
- RT @sundarpichai: For generations, this country has been home to immigrants like Sanaz. Her story is playing out all over the country. Goog… 2 months ago
- RT @MedinaMora: That time when I was on an H-1B visa and a CBP agent corrected me when I said I lived in America: "You don't live here. You… 2 months ago